iSmile5

10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2008
Michigan
Status
Dental Student
So I called UofM to check on the rumor of November interview dates not being reviewed and that fact is true. Not only is that true but I was informed that they only reviewed September and the first week of October interviews. So if you have had an interview after those dates, do not fret, you will hear sooner or later... and if the lady on the phone was correct she said that everyone else should hear hopefully by the end of the month. Good luck!

paul510psu

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Michigan didn't even give me a sniff. Oh well, I guess it's their loss.

lttadpole

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2007
Status
So I called UofM to check on the rumor of November interview dates not being reviewed and that fact is true. Not only is that true but I was informed that they only reviewed September and the first week of October interviews. So if you have had an interview after those dates, do not fret, you will hear sooner or later... and if the lady on the phone was correct she said that everyone else should hear hopefully by the end of the month. Good luck!
Hey thank you for calling them. I was curious and also depressed because I haven't heard anything from them (my interview was on Oct 17). Kinda relieved after seeing your post. But I also found it strange that I saw several people who got accepted to UMich were interviewed on the same day as mine from predents ... so confused.. I'd like to know any one got post-interview rejection from UMich?

About the Ads

lttadpole

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2007
Status
Hey thank you for calling them. I was curious and also depressed because I haven't heard anything from them (my interview was on Oct 17). Kinda relieved after seeing your post. But I also found it strange that I saw several people who got accepted to UMich were interviewed on the same day as mine from predents ... so confused.. I'd like to know any one got post-interview rejection from UMich?
OK so I just called UMich and they said that they are still reviewing some of the applications who had interviews on Oct 17. So what we can do now is just wait...

potatoman

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Knowing what we know now, does anyone know how many acceptances Mich has actually sent out then? Have they sent enough to fill their class. I already called once to check the status of my app, I don't want to call again and have Tracy think I'm a lame

TeamGuo

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Knowing what we know now, does anyone know how many acceptances Mich has actually sent out then? Have they sent enough to fill their class. I already called once to check the status of my app, I don't want to call again and have Tracy think I'm a lame

I think you are totally fine. Nothing we can do now, just wait.

I don't think anyone would know the answer other than the actual admissions people.

potatoman

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
You're right. I also suppose the out-of-state tuition at Mich should open up more than a few seats. The waiting is just such a killer.

About the Ads