1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

curious about Michigan?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iSmile5, Dec 2, 2008.

1. iSmile5

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So I called UofM to check on the rumor of November interview dates not being reviewed and that fact is true. Not only is that true but I was informed that they only reviewed September and the first week of October interviews. So if you have had an interview after those dates, do not fret, you will hear sooner or later... and if the lady on the phone was correct she said that everyone else should hear hopefully by the end of the month. Good luck!

2. paul510psu

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Michigan didn't even give me a sniff. Oh well, I guess it's their loss.

3. lttadpole

5+ Year Member

Hey thank you for calling them. I was curious and also depressed because I haven't heard anything from them (my interview was on Oct 17). Kinda relieved after seeing your post. But I also found it strange that I saw several people who got accepted to UMich were interviewed on the same day as mine from predents ... so confused.. I'd like to know any one got post-interview rejection from UMich?

4. lttadpole

5+ Year Member

OK so I just called UMich and they said that they are still reviewing some of the applications who had interviews on Oct 17. So what we can do now is just wait...

5. potatoman

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Knowing what we know now, does anyone know how many acceptances Mich has actually sent out then? Have they sent enough to fill their class. I already called once to check the status of my app, I don't want to call again and have Tracy think I'm a lame

6. TeamGuo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I think you are totally fine. Nothing we can do now, just wait.

I don't think anyone would know the answer other than the actual admissions people.

7. potatoman

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You're right. I also suppose the out-of-state tuition at Mich should open up more than a few seats. The waiting is just such a killer.