Curious Pre-med

Started by donnap86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

donnap86

Wanne be MD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CURIOUS PRE-MED

I'm currently a pre-med and I think I would like anesthesiology. One problem, I'm not sure what you guys do. Administering anesthesia to a patient going under the knife is a given, but what else do you do? Diagnosing, research, I don't know. Please inform me. Thanx. 🙂
 
donnap86 said:
CURIOUS PRE-MED

I'm currently a pre-med and I think I would like anesthesiology. One problem, I'm not sure what you guys do. Administering anesthesia to a patient going under the knife is a given, but what else do you do? Diagnosing, research, I don't know. Please inform me. Thanx. 🙂

http://www.asahq.org/residentCareer.htm Check out the FAQ at the bottom.

http://www.asahq.org/patientEducation.htm

You are going to change your mind about 5 times during medical school concerning specialization.