Curious?

Started by ApothRM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ApothRM

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question. Today the president of the pre-pharm honor society told us that he had been speaking with one of the pharmacists he works with. This pharmacist is suppposedly an alternate on Nova's interview commitee, or something along those lines. Anyways, supposedly this pharmacist said that since more women apply to pharmacy school, men have a better chance of getting because of mere diveristy issues.
Maybe what I'm really trying to ask is do schools generally try to except the same number of males and females.
I didnt think it would be true..What do u guys think?

Thanks 😕
 
I don't believe that schools look at sex or race. There are more females applying, so more females get accepted. Each school wants the best students regardless of their sex.

Good luck at your interview.
 
apoth..,

I don't think that is true. Just do a survey on applications ratio last year, you'll see...