Curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BluntForceTrauma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone had any kind of data or information on acceptances and rejections handed out on Dec. 1 for pre-December interviews.

I. E. How many of y'all heard things back on Dec. 1, regardless of what the answer was?

Not freaking out, I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

5 out of 7 of my pre-dental friends got at least one acceptance by December 1st (we are in CA). Of these 6, they also had some waitlists (no rejections until spring 2016).

2 out of 7 was waitlisted at 2 or 3 schools by December 1st.

Everyone that I've spoken to heard back by December 1st if they had pre-dec interviews. Either acceptances or waitlists, no rejections that I know of. Those tended to come later in the cycle.

So I was wondering if anyone had any kind of data or information on acceptances and rejections handed out on Dec. 1 for pre-December interviews.

I. E. How many of y'all heard things back on Dec. 1, regardless of what the answer was?

Not freaking out, I'm just curious.
I had 6 pre-December interviews and got 4 acceptances on December first. I didn't hear from the other schools until their second wave of acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had 6 pre-December interviews and got 4 acceptances on December first. I didn't hear from the other schools until their second wave of acceptances.

How was that second wave? So is it in essence anybody who receives pre-Dec has a greater chance of acceptance like 80% or higher?

How was that second wave? So is it in essence anybody who receives pre-Dec has a greater chance of acceptance like 80% or higher?
I don't have any hard statistics but this is the way I understand it. If you have a pre December interview and don't hear back on the first then you just weren't competitive enough to get in on the first wave. With most schools I applied to you will continue to be considered for acceptance until the class is filled. But this varies based on the program. The only benefit to having a pre December interview is that you will considered for the first wave which in theory you will have the highest chance of getting an acceptance because all of the seats are available.

Last edited:
Although a vast number of students get December acceptances, there will be a lot of shuffling proceeding it because many people get multiple acceptance thus would need to decline at some school. Some loose stats here but from my class, I know that roughly 75% received their admission in December.

Reactions: 1 users
8 pre December, 6 acceptances and 2 I heard no word (no waitlist or rejection), and I withdrew from consideration from those two schools on Dec 1st.
Nice dude. Also, loved UNE. The MMI was actually pretty neat and the school was awesome.