Current dental students, how did you decide which school to attend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was very worried I wouldn't get in anywhere, now I have received multiple acceptances. With these acceptances I now am lost as to where to attend. I'm trying to decide between MUSC, VCU, and DCG. I already asked for input on the pre-dental page but would like for input from here as well. I would love to hear from any current students, but especially those from the schools I listed.

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't DCG one of the cheapest schools in the country?

I'm from Texas and I'm envious of that price tag.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm applying for the military scholarship, so if I am selected the cost of tuition won't be an issue. Due to the cost of dental educations I'm sure that is the primary consideration for many, but I would like to hear about the other factors that lead to people's decisions. I was also hoping that students of these schools could share their opinions of the programs as well as the cities the schools are in. I know Charleston fairly well but really don't know Augusta or Richmond so I really feel like I would be going in blind to those cities.

Members don't see this ad :)

Just looked it up. Wow that is cheap. Honestly that's how much all schools should be around.

Reactions: 1 users
Only applied to one. It's in state and it's cheap. Made my decision really easy.

Reactions: 1 user
Aside from cost, consider ..
Location - don't worry about being new to the area. you won't be the only one
Feeling at the school
Program focus and opportunities
Interview day freebies
Opinions from current students