current events

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boogaman37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i knows i wanna become an optometrist and am a hopful for the class of 2007. I was wondering if there where some good sites regarding optometry and politics, like laws that are being discussed, or being passes or what not. I have been to AOA, but i cant seem to become a member. If you guys got any links, that would be awesome, or even better, anything interseting going on out there in politics regarding vision care?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, i knows i wanna become an optometrist and am a hopful for the class of 2007. I was wondering if there where some good sites regarding optometry and politics, like laws that are being discussed, or being passes or what not. I have been to AOA, but i cant seem to become a member. If you guys got any links, that would be awesome, or even better, anything interseting going on out there in politics regarding vision care?
u can only be a member of aoa when ur a doctor (or maybe opt student not sure), but if u fiddle around aoa you can actually find short synopses of the articles they list. hope this helps

I browsed around the AOA site too and read up on the ''current legislature''
And one of my interviews asked me if I knew anything about that.

As for other current events maybe even googling events in optometry or being familiar with the health system in general is a good idea :) At SCCO they asked me to explain how HMOs worked and Medicare etc. :-/

Good luck!

At the end of last year legislators put a stop to pay cuts for Medicare and they put a stop to a bill endorsed by 1800 contacts. There's a way to get to the current legislative stuff on that site but its kind of roundabout. Private message me if you want and I'll try to help you out! Good luck!