Current Events

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mohorsegirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't find if this thread has been started yet, but lets use this thread to list current events in veterinary medicine that we can discuss in interviews.
 
Make sure you all know at least a little something about current events in regular news too. That doesn't mean you have to go reading the newspaper every day if that's not something you do...But I say that because the only thing I hoped and prayed I wouldn't be asked is about current events, and I was asked to give not only 1 but 3 separate current events examples going on at that time (they asked for one on a local level, one on a national level, and one on an international level). It's not something I keep up with as well as I should, so it was a little difficult for me to just pick something. I got through it without looking like a complete idiot, but it could have been worse if I hadn't prepared for that.
 
Two great sources: dvm360.com (for veterinary news) and the New York Times, which has a good number of "one health" related articles in the science section.