Current Events

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasilverman1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any current events they were asked about in their interviews, or any suggestions on where to find some to study up on.

Members don't see this ad.

dvm360.com is a great website for current issues in veterinary medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
dvm360.com is a great website for current issues in veterinary medicine.

I remember really liking this website when I was reading up on things prior to my interviews.

I also really recommend signing up for the AVMA animal health smart briefs. I only learned about them recently, but you get them daily (I think just weekdays) via email. They give a great way to see a lot of headlines about recent veterinary info and then you can pick and choose what to read based on what you are interested in.

Here is the website:

http://www.smartbrief.com/news/avma/associationNews.jsp

I second the suggestion of AVMA animal health Smartbriefs. I also have a daily google alert set up for "veterinary" and I check the AVMA website. I'm feeling pretty up-to-date!

While I'm not recommending being UNinformed, and my interviews were 4 years ago now...but I was not asked a single current events question at any of my interviews (4 different schools). For what it's worth.

just giving this thread a bump to the top.

Any additional suggestions or current events for those of us still interviewing?!