Current Issues in Physical Therapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AdventureTherapist

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview coming up with a DPT program and I've heard they like to ask the question "What are a few current issues that physical therapy is facing right now?"

I've been doing some research on my own but I would like to hear other people's opinion on what they think.
 
I had an interview question similar to that. I talked about the marketing issues that PTs have. Heard a stat recently that PTs are only seeing about 8% of the patients they could be potentially seeing. The others are either A) Being prescribed pain medication B) Getting surgery or C) Not seeking help from any discipline/provider. PTs need to do a better job of letting the public know about who we are/what we do as well as informing them about direct access and it's implications.