Current Student in Traditional Track MS at NYMC: Taking Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NonTraditional3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a first year in the MS (traditional) at NYMC. I am happy to dispell any of the myths of negativity propagated about the program on SDN, as well as to provide a student's perspective on well, anything you'd like to know.

Cheers!
 
how many students get into NYMC from the program? with/without glide year?

Anton, NYMC has no published data on this, and there are no guaranteed/linkage agreements between the MS program and the School of Medicine. However, our advisors have mentioned that ~30% of students who complete the program create for themselves a competitive application to medical school, and the majority of that 30% get accepted to US allopathic and osteopathic medical schools. 30% does not seem high at a first glance, but consider that the other big programs such as Georgetown or Boston require competitive MCAT for admission to their SMP where as NYMC doesn't - NYMC will accept a GRE in place of MCAT. Considering this, 30% is a good success rate.

This is by no means representative, but I know of 5 people from traditional track MS that are now in the school of medicine at NYMC. There may be more, but I only know 5.