Current Students Applying this Year...Confidence?

Started by sk943821
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sk943821

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a current junior planning to apply to med school this year...my stats are ok but i have a very low GPA <3.5 (both c and s)...MCAT score is average...ec are adequate with plenty of experience...but worried about applying (still want to do it though)...just wondering if anyone else like me is out there?
 
Last edited:
I feel okay. I have a high GPA, but a sub-30 MCAT so I'm a bit nervous, but I guess you can never predict these things. Good luck!
 
My confidence is high, though it will be through the roof when I break 30 on my July mcat. The biggest/only thing I'm worried about is my LORs, specifically from my PI/professor this quarter. I hope all goes well and he's able to write me a letter for both lab and class combined. If he doesn't for some reason then I have no idea who I"m going to get to write me a decent enough 3rd LOR lol.

I'm actually looking forward to applying this cycle, traveling across the US, and ready to take on those MMIs.

Medical school application cycle...come at me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My confidence is high. My only application weakness is really my cookie cutter ECs. I've got pretty much everything covered.

Good luck guys :luck:
 
I definitely wouldn't say I'm confident. More like, "let's just do this already". I have pretty average everything, from ECs to MCAT, so I'll probably be waiting for an answer well into the cycle. If I happen to snag an acceptance, I can't even imagine how relieved I will be. Good luck everyone!