Current Touro NYC-Bay Shore Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sepulchra21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, for those students who are currently attending or recently attended Touro College in Manhattan or Bay Shore .... I just want an honest opinion on the programs before I submit the $1000 deposit. I.E.: What you liked, didn't like, how the faculty was, how prepared you feel for the big exam... please be as honest as possible. I keep hearing bad things and I want to know if they are true or if people are just exaggerating. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, for those students who are currently attending or recently attended Touro College in Manhattan or Bay Shore .... I just want an honest opinion on the programs before I submit the $1000 deposit. I.E.: What you liked, didn't like, how the faculty was, how prepared you feel for the big exam... please be as honest as possible. I keep hearing bad things and I want to know if they are true or if people are just exaggerating. Thanks for your help!

I was accepted there and someone who was in the program told me NOT TO COME! I have no idea what is going on up there, but people are very cautious before they accept a Touro offer! I do know the secretary who answered the phones was not the most pleasant person to talk too......:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you hear from TOURO - NY bayshore? can u tell me ur stats if u don't mind. Thanks.

Yea, I have until Feb 8th to put down a deposit for Touro Bay Shore. After reading these horror stories, I don't think I'm going to do it even though it's the only acceptance I have so far...

I know a current student who hates it. I got accepted but I do not think i will attend. She said that the equipment is outdated the staff is horrible and unhelpful and that she was not prepared for the board exam. Im not exactly sure of the number but apparently a high percentage of her class did poorly. I am going to try to go in for a campus visit but every time I try to find out dates to come in the woman that answers the phone puts me on hold for 30+ min.

Yea, I have until Feb 8th to put down a deposit for Touro Bay Shore. After reading these horror stories, I don't think I'm going to do it even though it's the only acceptance I have so far...

Same here... Feb 8th. I am trying to get transferred to the Manhattan campus. I applied to Bay Shore as a last resort but I've seen the campus since Bay Shore was actually the town I grew up in. The "campus" is one building. PT dept is located on one floor. Doesn't have the look or feel of a real college at all. I'm waiting until the last minute to decide.

I know a current student who hates it. I got accepted but I do not think i will attend. She said that the equipment is outdated the staff is horrible and unhelpful and that she was not prepared for the board exam. Im not exactly sure of the number but apparently a high percentage of her class did poorly. I am going to try to go in for a campus visit but every time I try to find out dates to come in the woman that answers the phone puts me on hold for 30+ min.

I've been hearing the same thing about the students not passing the board exams. If you are trying to visit the Bay Shore campus, I wouldn't even recommend it. I wrote about it in my last post above... I am going to try to talk to a student at Manhattan campus and see if anything is better there.

so any updates? is Manhattan better than bayshore? what did you guys decide to do? I declined the offer because i got accepted to my first choice..FINALLY. my co worker is trying to decide if she should attend the manhattan campus or just wait to apply next cycle. what do you guys think?

so any updates? is Manhattan better than bayshore? what did you guys decide to do? I declined the offer because i got accepted to my first choice..FINALLY. my co worker is trying to decide if she should attend the manhattan campus or just wait to apply next cycle. what do you guys think?

I'm going to the Manhattan campus in the fall and I was also considering waiting to apply next cycle in hopes of getting in to more schools... but I don't want to go through the entire application process again! So far I've only gotten a glimpse of the building, it's kinda dingy but I didn't go up to the PT department so I can't really comment on where I will be spending the majority of my time. They've given us absolutely no info on the program yet (it's been about 2 months since my acceptance) or any info about housing and I'm getting a little antsy for information. :scared::scared::scared:

I'm going to the Manhattan campus in the fall and I was also considering waiting to apply next cycle in hopes of getting in to more schools... but I don't want to go through the entire application process again! So far I've only gotten a glimpse of the building, it's kinda dingy but I didn't go up to the PT department so I can't really comment on where I will be spending the majority of my time. They've given us absolutely no info on the program yet (it's been about 2 months since my acceptance) or any info about housing and I'm getting a little antsy for information. :scared::scared::scared:

The PT dept is on the same floor with shared classrooms with OT and PA. It's decent. The school is pretty terrible as far as helping you with anything... like housing or financial aid. Classes dont even start til end of Aug so I assume there will be an orientation in May or June. I saw your other post about the school being closed on Fri... it's a Jewish school so they have off on A LOT of Jewish holidays. Also the FAQ section stated that classes run Mon-Thurs with a possible Sunday class for a semester or two.

Something I did learn as far as tuition stuff goes... when we do our full-time clinical affiliations, they technically count as part time classes since we get credits for them, but we don't actually have to pay the part time tuition for them. It's included in the full time tuition for the previous semester. IE: a summer clinical affil is paid for in the previous spring tuition. :) Hope this helps.

The PT dept is on the same floor with shared classrooms with OT and PA. It's decent. The school is pretty terrible as far as helping you with anything... like housing or financial aid. Classes dont even start til end of Aug so I assume there will be an orientation in May or June. I saw your other post about the school being closed on Fri... it's a Jewish school so they have off on A LOT of Jewish holidays. Also the FAQ section stated that classes run Mon-Thurs with a possible Sunday class for a semester or two.

Something I did learn as far as tuition stuff goes... when we do our full-time clinical affiliations, they technically count as part time classes since we get credits for them, but we don't actually have to pay the part time tuition for them. It's included in the full time tuition for the previous semester. IE: a summer clinical affil is paid for in the previous spring tuition. :) Hope this helps.

I knew the school was Jewish, but I didn't realize that they only have classes Mon-Thurs. That's great! I was assuming classes ran from Sunday-Thursday. About the housing, I'm gonna give them a call next week and ask for ANY bit of advice they can spare. I have a feeling that I'm gonna end up commuting from home (which is going to be a huge pain in the ***) though since I know it's gonna be a headache trying to find a decent place to live in the city.

The tuition bit sounds good. School's gonna be even cheaper than I thought. Thanks for the heads up!!!

hey if you/anyone hears anything about housing PLEASE let me know. I'm from CT so I'm not gonna commute into the city everyday :/

I think we're on our own with the housing... I called Touro Manhattan last week and the woman who answered had no idea how to help me. Someone in another thread was recommended "craigslist"... I'm currently looking for a room but it's really difficult finding a decent place!

we should get a list of everyone in our class and see if people are looking/know places to live

Any word on an orientation yet? I can't believe Touro hasn't even contacted me since my acceptance letter...

I contacted the school and they should be contacting us this month and she said orientation was Aug 28th... which sounds really wrong because I thought school was supposed to start then.....

I contacted the school and they should be contacting us this month and she said orientation was Aug 28th... which sounds really wrong because I thought school was supposed to start then.....

that's hilarious... like you said, school's supposed to start then!!! Unless they changed the start date to sometime in September...

Hi! Did you end up accepting Touro NY/go to their program? I'm currently deciding whether or not to attend thier DPT Program in Manhattan this upcoming fall =/

I've worked at 5 different PT clinics and everyone there begged me not to go to Touro NY, they have a horrible reputation in NY and are know for producing incompetent PTs. There was a thread on reddit r/physical therapy about it a couple of months ago.

Do research before you decide