Current TUCOM med student, please read...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

futuredo2004

I will be interviewing at TUCOM in a few weeks and would really like to hear from a current student. I'm interested in knowing about your experience thus far and get a feel for what "a day in the life" of a TUCOM student is really like. Thanks in advance for your response!

Members don't see this ad.

The instructors are great, but we see em a lot. We go to school at 8 and get out at 5 every day except friday at 3. Once a week you go in at 10. We take OMM, histo, physical diagnosis, Anatomy, public health, and Intro to clinical medicine. It is totally doable. We do have time to have fun, and my classmates are awesome. We have study groups and play ultimate frisby. There is a gym to stay busy. The anatomy lab is great, its a main sell of this place.

You'll see all this when you get here, just ask lots of questions of your tour guide. If you have more specific questions, just ask.

Lotsa luck,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response! Just a couple more questions...did you choose TUCOM over any other schools? What do you know about the clinical rotations/residencies programs being that the school is so new. Are there any "pitfalls" I should be aware of during my interview? Thanks again!