1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Tufts Students

Discussion in 'Dental' started by thehipster, Jul 29, 2006.

1. thehipster

thehipster Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm applying to Tufts this cycle and was wondering what the average board scores have been for students that attend Tufts. Does anyone know what percentage of students enter any post-doctoral placement (including GPR and AEGD) and what percentage specialize?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. joyride

joyride Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think its probably 40% go on to post doc programs, but maybe 30% of the class go on to specialize right after school. I'm not sure what the board score average is, but we rank in the top 10 if not top 5 almost every year.

4. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    You'll get a big booklet in the mail soon with all the statistics. From the book I got, the average Part 1 scores were between 84-89 (higher than the national average) for the past 10 years.

Around 15% of the class goes on to do a GPR, 6% do AEGD, and I think 15% specialize. The booklet gives you more specific details. I just gave a quick runthrough of what I found in the book. Hope it helps :)