Current USC Students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilostmyspacebar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the structure of the classroom lectures? I think that the rooms are mini-auditoriums....but do they break you up into groups for discussions or something after the lecture? Are there a lot of open discussions during lecture?

thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

ilostmyspacebar said:
What is the structure of the classroom lectures? I think that the rooms are mini-auditoriums....but do they break you up into groups for discussions or something after the lecture? Are there a lot of open discussions during lecture?

thanks a lot

Basically, we are in the 1st year lecture room 99.9% of the time. A couple times a semester we may have to be in groups and go meet in a room at the physical therapy building, and there is one class (meets 4 times in 4 weeks, with 30 students) in one of the smaller rooms in the pharmacy builiding. There are pretty much NO extra discussions to go along with lecture (in year 1). And there is not really much open discussion during lectures. All professors are more than willing to answer any questions that pop up, but they dont make a big discussion out of it and get a bunch of people involved (except one professor for pharmaceutics I).