Current VCOM Students, question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliffhuxtableDO

Hand sanitizer on deck
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the possibilities of DO/PhD at VCOM. Would it be possible to get a PhD from Va Tech in the Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise department? I was an Exercise Science major and I'd like to continue doing research in that field, particularly related to cardiovascular disease. Any input will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a DO/PhD program. At the start of this year, I talked to Bill King about it. As they explained it, there are two options for PhD: one is the international medicine thing (I think), and the other has a title of something like PhD in humanities (or medicine, or some other similar broad classification - I can't remember the exact wording), but you focus on whatever you want. As long as you study something relevant to medicine, I think you get to pick the subject as well as your research focus.

If you need more information, try emailing Bill King. He is the one who talked to me at the beginning of the year this year, and he had a lot of information about the combined programs. Good luck!

Oh, another thing: you might want to email Dr. Hosig as well. She is the nutrition professor (and also teaches nutrition classes at Va Tech's undergrad), so she might be able to work with you on your specific interest.

Oh, another thing: you might want to email Dr. Hosig as well. She is the nutrition professor (and also teaches nutrition classes at Va Tech's undergrad), so she might be able to work with you on your specific interest.

Thank you!