Current vets, what are you paying for loans?

Started by Lfrese01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lfrese01

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have some questions about loans for recent veterinary school graduates (1 to 5 years):
How much in loans did you take out?
Were they all federal loans?
What payment plan are you on?
How much do you pay a month?
If you don't mind me asking- how much $ do you make?
Do you feel that your payments are manageable or they make your life difficult (ie are you stuck in a job you don't like just to be able to pay your loans back?)
 
Last edited:
I have some questions about loans for recent veterinary school graduates (1 to 5 years):
How much in loans did you take out?
Were they all federal loans?
What payment plan are you on?
How much do you pay a month?
If you don't mind me asking- how much $ do you make?
Do you feel that your payments are manageable or they make your life difficult (ie are you stuck in a job you don't like just to be able to pay your loans back?)

I took out just around $130,000 all federal loans.I am on the 10 yr repayment plan and I pay just around $1500 a month. I'm not comfortable sharing my salary. My loan payments are barely manageable and I could be a lot more comfortable by choosing a different method, but I hate being in debt. I also don't like my job but there aren't a lot of options out there (I am looking)