Currently in Transitional Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRCA123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My wife is in transitional year and finishing up in June 2023. She matched to an advanced position in 2024. What can she do in the between?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

My wife is in transitional year and finishing up in June 2023. She matched to an advanced position in 2024. What can she do in the between?
If she has an unrestricted medical license, which she should if she gets through internship, she can work. You can moonlight in urgent care making over $100/hr to keep skills up. She could also potentially do research. There are some businesses that have popped up doing telemedicine visits, which has some nice work flexibility.

Reactions: 1 user
If she has an unrestricted medical license, which she should if she gets through internship, she can work. You can moonlight in urgent care making over $100/hr to keep skills up. She could also potentially do research. There are some businesses that have popped up doing telemedicine visits, which has some nice work flexibility.
Funny thing is, travel nurses are making that much and more right now!

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you find these jobs for 1 year? Tried linkedin/practicelink/facebook.

How can you find these jobs for 1 year? Tried linkedin/practicelink/facebook.
I’d look up local urgent cares and identify their physician recruiters

When I did moonlighting in residency, I was not able to find postings for it but I contacted the companies directly. I ended up working at Concentra intermittent shifts. I forgot the name of the urgent care one of my co residents works at but it was the same situation. Id suggest googling the urgent cares around you, then go to their websites and contact/fill out forms for recruitment. They are usually always hiring especially for prn slots.