Curriculum Vitae Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

It's time to work on my CV... Ive put it off as long as possible, but I need it to apply for a few away rotations and to try to get some LORs.

Any other 3rd or 4th years out there with some tips? My schools "Career Planning" is pretty worthless. Do I list my undergraduate degree's and stuff? Whats the basic format?

Anyone out there have an example of a good professional looking format?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you have access to the Careers in Medicine website? They have a few good examples. My basic format went something like this:
Name
Contact Info
Education (most recent first, dates, degrees, GPA; our dean said it is okay to list your high school here especially if you are trying to show ties to the area, just don't list your GPA for it)
Academic Awards/Honors (again, most recent first)
Work Experience (same chrono order, if listing stuff from undergrad only do so if pertains to medicine...ie don't list working in the library)
Research (include enough info to verify)
Professional memberships (with positions held)
ECs (i did most recent/biggest first then worked backwards/down...i only included BIG undergrad things - not shadowing or minimal volunteering things)
Publications and presentations
Hobbies/Interests

At least that is the order careers in medicine gives. I of course don't have something in each and ever category. Then make it look good.