CUSDOS interview November 4th...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eunjoo55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
who are you? come out come out wherever you are~! :D
just wanted to wish us good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

eunjoo55 said:

See you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
nyching30 said:
See you there!

I'll see both of you there! I hope you're enjoying NY!

eunjoo55 said:

good luck w/ ur interview @ columbia. :rolleyes:

see you there... good luck

dds_2010 said:
see you there... good luck

Nice meeting everyone! Everybody was so great, here's hoping we all get in!

I like how Dr. Davis and Dr. McManus confessed to reading these forums...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: THEY DO??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Dr. Davis and Dr. McManus,

Thank you for inviting us for interviews at Columbia University.
It certainly was a priviledge for us to be there today and it was a pleasure meeting you. You welcomed us with utmost hospitality. We had a wonderful day.

With sincere thanks,
The November 4th Interviewees :D

eunjoo55 said:
duh? were you there today? hehehe... who were you?
No I wasn't. :)

it kinda sucks how we all met for the interview... got to know each other for a few hours... and said goodbye... we all gonna make it somewhere... and it'd be cool to start "networking" like this..... even for the future....

let's keep each other updated...
SDN allows pre-dents to come together... but now that we were able to put a face to some screennames... hehehe...

newho... you guys get what i mean... right?
haha... if you guys don't... then maybe it's just cuz i get sentimental.... hehe

Members don't see this ad :)
Sephisabin said:
Nice meeting everyone! Everybody was so great, here's hoping we all get in!

I like how Dr. Davis and Dr. McManus confessed to reading these forums...
haha.. now im getting worried... i should change my avatar~!

I know what you mean about being sentimental. I already miss some of the people that we were with today! Everybody keep in touch! Message me for my e-mail if you didn't get it during the interview! It's definitely nice putting a face to screennames and actually knowing who some people are!

Duh?: Yeah, Dr. McManus and Dr. Davis do read this forum... they even commented on some of the topics, such as saying that thank you cards are not necessary. If you guys happen to be reading this, thanks for inviting all of us to interview at Columbia. It's a great school and I was truly impressed.

eunjoo55 said:
haha.. now im getting worried... i should change my avatar~!

Yeah... that avatar doesn't seem to fit your personality... unless you were masking it for the interview ;)

Sephisabin said:
I know what you mean about being sentimental. I already miss some of the people that we were with today! Everybody keep in touch! Message me for my e-mail if you didn't get it during the interview! It's definitely nice putting a face to screennames and actually knowing who some people are!

Duh?: Yeah, Dr. McManus and Dr. Davis do read this forum... they even commented on some of the topics, such as saying that thank you cards are not necessary. If you guys happen to be reading this, thanks for inviting all of us to interview at Columbia. It's a great school and I was truly impressed.

I read something about Admissions people reading these forums but i just didn't believe it. Gosh, I can Imagine the looks on their faces when they read some of the 'interesting' stuff we talk about here. :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if they have screen names! Maybe YOU'RE one of them! :eek: :D :laugh: :laugh:

duh? said:
I wonder if they have screen names! Maybe YOU'RE one of them! :eek: :D :laugh: :laugh:

haha... I assure you I'm not, but I'm kind of thinking that might have names... ok, here I go into some conspiracy theory: My AIM screenname has a superman reference. I've given it to some people who message me on SDN. Now... during my interview, my interviewer asked "What are your weaknesses? I mean, even superman has weaknesses!" What if he is one of the people that messaged me and got my screenname?!? :scared: Haha, probably not... If you read this Dr. P, thanks for taking the time to interview me and answer my questions!

Yeah when I interviewed Dr. McManus did say that he does visit this website. He even gave a specific example of what a person had said about his bow tie or something after seeing him at the interview.

Sephisabin said:
Yeah... that avatar doesn't seem to fit your personality... unless you were masking it for the interview ;)
hahaha... okay... no more avatar...

i just wanted to bring some humor~ hehhee..

as for me masking my personality... let's just say im a fun person...

as to where i got it? --> here is me explaining myself... hehehe
my friend had it as her buddy icon... and i thought it was pretty hilarious.... :laugh:

:idea: so i thought... hmmmmmm... why not?

:thumbup:

eunjoo55 said:
hahaha... okay... no more avatar...

i just wanted to bring some humor~ hehhee..

as for me masking my personality... let's just say im a fun person...

as to where i got it? --> here is me explaining myself... hehehe
my friend had it as her buddy icon... and i thought it was pretty hilarious.... :laugh:

:idea: so i thought... hmmmmmm... why not?

:thumbup:

haha, I've actually seen it before... not sure where... but I think it was in some flash video that's going around the web. Haha... I'm a fun person too! I'm sure everyone in that room is fun when they're not so stressed out! :D

hmm... i hope all the outa staters made it back home safe~
everyone seemed to be a bit lost after the interview... hehe....
i dont blame you guys...
im a joizian... and i still dunno how to ride the ny subway~

duh? said:
I read something about Admissions people reading these forums but i just didn't believe it. Gosh, I can Imagine the looks on their faces when they read some of the 'interesting' stuff we talk about here. :laugh: :laugh:

Believe it, they do! Many of them are curious to know what applicants are saying about their program. ;)

Oh. I believe y'all now. *glancing around for Deans/ADCOMs in SDNite skin*

Sprgrover said:
Believe it, they do! Many of them are curious to know what applicants are saying about their program. ;)

When I turned down an acceptance from one school, I got a call from the director of admissions wanting to know why I turned them down. He was not trying to convince me to come, but simply wanted to know what type of impression I got from them. Never forget that adcoms know your stats, and they know you will get in somewhere , they want it to be thier school!

hahaha... so today is the day... you know what im talking about right?
wonder what they said about each and everyone one of us.... goodness~

i hope i hope... i hope... i hope... i hope... i hope... i hope... i wish... i wish... i wish.. i wish... i wish.. i wish... i get in~!!