Customer count

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgrlnxdor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for information on the average customer count for a pharmacy that does 1,000 scripts a week. ( Please don't steer me toward NCPA as they are very unresponsive and have not returned my call regarding why their pharmacy matching link has been down for weeks.). Anyway, for those of you who own your own pharmacy do you have figures on how many customers you serve? From my own count of the scripts I filled this week...only three days out of seven, I did a rough calculation for my current pharmacy, we have approx 645 patients per 1'000 scripts we fill. Any hard numbers anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been looking for information on the average customer count for a pharmacy that does 1,000 scripts a week. ( Please don't steer me toward NCPA as they are very unresponsive and have not returned my call regarding why their pharmacy matching link has been down for weeks.). Anyway, for those of you who own your own pharmacy do you have figures on how many customers you serve? From my own count of the scripts I filled this week...only three days out of seven, I did a rough calculation for my current pharmacy, we have approx 645 patients per 1'000 scripts we fill. Any hard numbers anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.

Don't you have a cash register or POS system. Even the cheapo basic registers from the 1990's gave you a customer count.

Yeah our register info is not available to the pharmacy.Anyone have access to JAMA? I am trying to see the full text of the article, "Recent patterns of medication use in the ambulatory adult population of the United States"