Cut off Reading scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicUD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that most schools have a cut off for RC even if you do well in the rest of your DAT. Does anyone know what these scores are? Im sure every school is different, but a ball park would be nice... I'm scoring around 16-18 on this section on my practice tests, I take the real in a few days and am nervous about this section! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that most schools have a cut off for RC even if you do well in the rest of your DAT. Does anyone know what these scores are? Im sure every school is different, but a ball park would be nice... I'm scoring around 16-18 on this section on my practice tests, I take the real in a few days and am nervous about this section! Thanks!

I thought the real DAT's RC was WAY easier than any practice tests I took. I was getting about 16's on my practice tests and got a 23 on the real thing. You'll be fine...it's not as bad as you'd think. :thumbup:

16-18 on which practice tests? topscore? achiever?

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT is easier most of the time than practice tests. If everything else is good (GPA, DAT, PS, LOR, etc.) I think 17RC and higher is a safe minimum. A 17RC might keep you out of certain schools but I think you could still get in somewhere.

I thought the real DAT's RC was WAY easier than any practice tests I took. I was getting about 16's on my practice tests and got a 23 on the real thing. You'll be fine...it's not as bad as you'd think. :thumbup:

:thumbup: Agreed. I think the real DAT is overall easier than any practice test (Kaplan or TopScore). I was getting 20's on the reading and got a 24 on the real thing so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, even if you get an 18.