CV For Away Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medtissue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, Non-US IMG here. I have never made a CV before as I have never needed it. Right now I am in a caribbean med school done with core and applying for away electives. I know the whole thing regarding rotations being cancelled but hopefully they open up next year. What are the things we need to include in our CV for away electives? Does it have to be our high school awards too? And international stuff like that swimming competition winning in Australia? And other stuff like med school pending publications? Please guide me guys

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, Non-US IMG here. I have never made a CV before as I have never needed it. Right now I am in a caribbean med school done with core and applying for away electives. I know the whole thing regarding rotations being cancelled but hopefully they open up next year. What are the things we need to include in our CV for away electives? Does it have to be our high school awards too? And international stuff like that swimming competition winning in Australia? And other stuff like med school pending publications? Please guide me guys
A CV is an academic resume first and foremost. This includes grades, class rank, research experience, volunteer work. Winning a swimming competition is not academic, and you would normally list it in your awards section. Just list competitive swimming as a hobby near the end of your CV.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. I am working on a research article which will get published later this year. How do I write that? Do I write "project pending publication" ? because that's not true as project is yet to be complete... And do we need to write med school grades for all the subjects?