CV for CCOM/AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeman25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is your CV supposed to be one page max? Also does anyone know of any places to get good templates?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have Microsoft word, they have bunch of different resume templates to choose from. As for the length of the CV, i usually try to keep it at a page.

I believe the "rule" is one page for a resume and a CV can be multiple pages.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
CV includes publications. It would be ridiculous for some to have to fit all of that on one page.

The 1 page resume rule is a myth, my resume is an easy 3 pages. As you acquire more experience, it is almost impossible to keep a resume to one page

The 1 page resume rule is a myth, my resume is an easy 3 pages. As you acquire more experience, it is almost impossible to keep a resume to one page

I think the one-page resume stems from hardcopies. That is, when your resume is printed out, having it all on one page makes it easy for your interviewer.

I wonder if they actually read past the first page with so many applicants.

Don't fill it up with ridiculous fluff. They probably just want to see that you can manage school work and other activities.

A CV is essentially a long-form resume. Yes, it is usually over a page depending on your activity. I don't have that much stuff and mine is 3 pages. Format is important; it should be easier to read. This is an advantage over a resume that may be a lot of information shoved onto a single page.