CV for DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I posted something similar earlier, but this time I have an additional question. I am plannig to give a CV to a DO doctor who is going to write a LOR for me. Can the CV contain stuff I plan to do in the summer. or may be even later? I am doing an internship in the summer in a research lab. Can I put that? I thought it would look impressive.

So far I have my address, education, honors/awards, employment experience, and extracurricular activities. Any thing else i can add?thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I posted something similar earlier, but this time I have an additional question. I am plannig to give a CV to a DO doctor who is going to write a LOR for me. Can the CV contain stuff I plan to do in the summer. or may be even later? I am doing an internship in the summer in a research lab. Can I put that? I thought it would look impressive.

So far I have my address, education, honors/awards, employment experience, and extracurricular activities. Any thing else i can add?thanks

If you google CV or curriculum vitae, a lot of links to examples and information to include will come up. That's how I figured out what to put in mine. As for future stuff... I'd say only include things you are SURE you are going to do, like the internship. I wouldn't be like "I plan to volunteer somewhere, sometime in the near future."

Hello,

CV should include your accomplishments. you could include the internship or future items as an award.

Only put things you have done or things you are scheduled to do. Dont put what you might do in the future. And the doc isnt going to write a letter based on your CV...he/she might not even read it. They will write a letter based on how annoying (or how pleasant) you are when you shadow them. Try to be pleasant.