CV for GPR/AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tash.08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should a CV for residencies only include anything that was done in dental school or can you include experiences from undergrad as well as long as they are dental related??

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I was a dental assistant in high school, I definitely put that in my CV. As a program director myself, as long as its not something super obscure like shadowing for 15 hours, I'd say go for it.

Yeah, I was a dental assistant in high school, I definitely put that in my CV. As a program director myself, as long as its not something super obscure like shadowing for 15 hours, I'd say go for it.

So it would be okay to include leadership experience and research experience from undergrad as well in this case?

Sure, but just don't over do it - you don't want it to seem like you're focusing a ton on things before dental school. I published a paper in undergrad, I put that in my CV. I also put that in addition to being an ASDA officer in Dental School, I was an ASDA pre-dent officer in undergrad as well.