CV for Recommendations?!?

Started by Pharm47
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm47

Just keep running...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Experienced applicants: What type of information did you provide your recommenders with? I think I should send them a CV, but I'm not sure what to include. Does anyone have a good example of a CV for students/recent graduates? Most of those I've found online include a bunch of stuff regarding publications, teaching experience, etc...none of which applies to me. I know my professors pretty well (my college was small), and I didn't even think to give them anything. But considering the fact that I graduated in 2004, it might be good to give them a refresher of "me".
 
I graduated in 1999 so when I approached my advisor (I had kept in touch with him) about a LOR I supplied him with my personal statement, a current resume, a list of schools I was looking at and my PCAT score. I felt giving him the most information possible would help me get the best recommendation.

When I interviewed I had several people mention his recommendation as the best they had recieved this cycle.
 
You probably don't need a CV at this point in your life. A CV is mostly for academia and clincal positions. If you have not done many speaking engagements, lectures, research, or publications a CV is a waste to do. A simple resume is all you need. You can start a CV while you are in pharm school and do more presentations.