CV question, not in FAQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trancelucent1

Gator Girl :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 1PD and we're having an internship/career fair this friday. I have a few interviews set up and am preparing my CV. I haven't worked since I started pharmacy school, however I worked a lot previously. My question is if I should include my previous job (which was not pharmacy related)? I was a server/certified trainer/expediter with Chili's for 4 years, even though this was not pharmacy related, I believe that it gave me excellent experience with dealing with the public. The problem is that on all the CV examples I didn't see jobs listed that weren't pharmacy related. Was that just a coincidence? Thanks!
 
Trancelucent1 said:
I'm a 1PD and we're having an internship/career fair this friday. I have a few interviews set up and am preparing my CV. I haven't worked since I started pharmacy school, however I worked a lot previously. My question is if I should include my previous job (which was not pharmacy related)? I was a server/certified trainer/expediter with Chili's for 4 years, even though this was not pharmacy related, I believe that it gave me excellent experience with dealing with the public. The problem is that on all the CV examples I didn't see jobs listed that weren't pharmacy related. Was that just a coincidence? Thanks!

Hi, Pam. For my 1PD interviews, I used a standard resume with all my non-pharmacy work experience. During the interviews, I explained how the experience from those jobs would help me during my internship.

Good luck!