CV question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbone1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of my CV questions have been answered already, here's the last one.

When putting the dates for participation of activities, can I put "Summer 2008 - Spring 2009..... Fall 2010 - Spring 2011..." etc., or do I need to put the exact months of involvement?

I ask because some of them I'm not exactly sure the month that I started the activity.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would say no. However, to make it less obvious you might consider being consistent by listing all activities as (Summer '12 - Fall '13) instead of by month. Either way I don't think it's a big deal.

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to go with the season than the actual month... since it's easier to describe semesters of volunteering than individual dates. I guess I'll have to do that with all of them.

One more quick question... is it necessary to put the dates/years on the left side? I'm using a MS Office CV template and it has the "insert date" on the right side.

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind. I'm just going to use the MS Office template CV with the dates/years on the right hand side. It just looks so much neater, lol.

Thanks anyway.