CV- sample help please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hasibullah

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to get references for my Grad school " Masters of Environmental Studies" and asks me for 3 references and Ive found professors whose willing to help me. One of them asks for my CV. And I haven't done a CV before. So I was wondering what a CV looks like if anyone can send me a sample of it. I haven't done much of volunteer much in my academic years (University) except volunteering in a lab and Also should I include my awards from highschool?. However, Ive done many volunteer works in Highschool and was wondering if that should go in my CV? Also ive worked and volunteered in many work-related jobs so should those go in there? Can someone send me a sample of CV so I can write my stuff there.

Really could appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm trying to get references for my Grad school " Masters of Environmental Studies" and asks me for 3 references and Ive found professors whose willing to help me. One of them asks for my CV. And I haven't done a CV before. So I was wondering what a CV looks like if anyone can send me a sample of it. I haven't done much of volunteer much in my academic years (University) except volunteering in a lab and Also should I include my awards from highschool?. However, Ive done many volunteer works in Highschool and was wondering if that should go in my CV? Also ive worked and volunteered in many work-related jobs so should those go in there? Can someone send me a sample of CV so I can write my stuff there.

Really could appreciate the help.
The search function on SDN is your friend. Do a search for example CV's. Generally, CV's are a bit longer than resumes. On a CV you would also include research experience, publications, etc. I probably wouldn't include items from high school since you already have a Master's degree.

See if your school has an academic advisor with sample CV's you can use.