Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

CVS and Longs?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Jackanese, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I heard rumors of a potential merger between CVS and Longs. Anyone know anything about this? I am sure I can do a google, but I want to hear everyone's opinions. Isn't there some anti-trust laws against CVS buying ALL of its competitors, from Eckards to Sav-on? I remember they were trying to buy a large PBM too. Hopefully Walgreens doesn't fall too far behind...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MountainPharmD

MountainPharmD custodiunt illud simplex
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I took a transfer from Long's here in Colorado today. The Pharmacist I talked to was pretty sure they were being bought by CVS. I do not think the entire company is being bought, just the stores that were previosly anounced as closing. Just a rumor at this point....

4. BoltsFan

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I know a pharmacist who transferred from CVS (previously a SavOn store) to Longs a couple months ago, and this is one of the rumors he was hearing. He didn't see the point in working for Longs if they were just going to merge, so I believe he talked to the district manager for Longs. According to the district manager, this was a rumor set up by CVS due to the fact that so many pharmacists were leaving CVS to work for Longs (due to massive problems occurring when CVS took over SavOn). Not sure if the district manager was telling the truth, but this is what I heard.

5. GRslp

GRslp New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I know CVS and Caremark have merged. Maybe that's the PBM you're thinking of.