CVS Confusion... help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmLife4Me

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a P4 looking to get an intern job with CVS. Could anyone please explain to me the process of how CVS hires you on as an intern and then have you setup a job where you plan to move/live post-graduate? How exactly does this work? Do you contact the recruiter in the state you are moving and they save you a spot for when you graduate and then you work at the area you are currently living?

I'm just confused by the way they do things as it doesn't seem to be the typical "apply and interview" ordeal. Clarification would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same shoes as you for walgreens when i was a p4. I started working for walgreens in my first year pharmacy school in 2001. My district manager kept me at the same store and trained me until I was ready to be an RPH and moved me to the store I was to go to 10 miles from my house. I am not sure if the demand is the same now but back then in California a RPH license was like gold.