CVS: Flu-Shots & MCE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamer716

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick questions. Is it possible me and my PIC can get written up for not coming close to target on the flu shots (serious question lol). Also how is MyCustomer scored? Is it based on whats emailed to the customer or the survey link that prints out at the end of the receipt. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Quick questions. Is it possible me and my PIC can get written up for not coming close to target on the flu shots (serious question lol). Also how is MyCustomer scored? Is it based on whats emailed to the customer or the survey link that prints out at the end of the receipt. Thanks!

Yes it is possible. If:

Your signage is up
You answer the phone that flue shots are available
Your techs ask EVERY pt at drop off and pickup if they want a flue shot
Your flu tracker is up.
Your staff is engaged.

The chances of you getting written up is small.

I am completely against the stupid push for pharmacist to give all these f-ing shots. Its a waste of time. Go to a damn doc in a box or schedule online with the NP thats stuffed into that broom closet at your local CVS minute clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is possible. If:

Your signage is up
You answer the phone that flue shots are available
Your techs ask EVERY pt at drop off and pickup if they want a flue shot
Your flu tracker is up.
Your staff is engaged.

The chances of you getting written up is small.

Gotcha figured. Thanks for the response

I am completely against the stupid push for pharmacist to give all these f-ing shots. Its a waste of time. Go to a damn doc in a box or schedule online with the NP thats stuffed into that broom closet at your local CVS minute clinic.

You can't say stuff like this. The flu shot nazis will come after you. When you sign up for this job you give away your rights to free speech, thought or opinion. Stay in line and tell everyone how effective the flu shot is and how everyone should be required to receive one. It's all about profits, I mean "protecting the public".

I love how they ask at the register if they want a flu shot. Let's start the entire process all over again from drop-off!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

They don't care for that sht either.

You can't say stuff like this. The flu shot nazis will come after you. When you sign up for this job you give away your rights to free speech, thought or opinion. Stay in line and tell everyone how effective the flu shot is and how everyone should be required to receive one. It's all about profits, I mean "protecting the public".

Why are you so against vaccines?

Did you not receive all of your immunizations in childhood and throughout pharmacy school?

I don't think anyone is against vaccines. They are against giving them in retail because of the impossible metrics and it disrupts workflow tremendously.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think anyone is against vaccines. They are against giving them in retail because of the impossible metrics and it disrupts workflow tremendously.

Agreed, If we were given more time, or paid extra to hold consistent clinics weekly maybe? just not in the middle of our already hectic and understaffed day.

Reactions: 1 user

You're not paying attention. ;)

Unchained is literally against vaccines. He or she an anti-vaxxor.

what are stores even making on these flu shots? it doesn't seem like the profit margins are that high where I work. we charge $20.00 cash for shot. I don't think we are making much, just trying to get people in the store. surprised the managers push it that hard when we might only be making $2 a shot or so

what are stores even making on these flu shots? it doesn't seem like the profit margins are that high where I work. we charge $20.00 cash for shot. I don't think we are making much, just trying to get people in the store. surprised the managers push it that hard when we might only be making $2 a shot or so

They wouldn't push it so hard if it weren't a billion dollar industry.