• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

lee2

10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i just started working for CVS and i was wondering if anyone has the insurance codes and can send it to me. all i know is caremark=6100 :)
my email is [email protected]

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
i just started working for CVS and i was wondering if anyone has the insurance codes and can send it to me. all i know is caremark=6100 :)

You need to get somebody who works in your area to tell you which are the most popular in your area. My list of those I use the most would be different than in your area. They are all in the system nationwide if CVS takes it, but my experience is that at least 80% of what you see will be the same type over and over. So, get somebody to tell you which are the top 10 they see around where you work, and you should be good for a lot of them.

RX student

NSU-WPB campus
10+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2006
south Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
You need to get somebody who works in your area to tell you which are the most popular in your area. My list of those I use the most would be different than in your area. They are all in the system nationwide if CVS takes it, but my experience is that at least 80% of what you see will be the same type over and over. So, get somebody to tell you which are the top 10 they see around where you work, and you should be good for a lot of them.

I agree. In my area we use 18375 (tricare for southeast), 5002 (federal blue cross), 4000 (paid or medco) and 7415 (express scripts) more than any. It is so easy to find the code when you know what to look for. Just search by the bin (A to add, then / to search, then space bar, comma, bin #).

About the Ads

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
kinda pointless to just memorize the codes...they will come to you with experience. i have worked for cvs for 5 years now and there are still some that make me think twice. a good trick though is to hit the "/" key to search for the ins. then a "," followed by the Bin #. i have found this most useful b/c some cards have medical and RX coverage on one card -- of course the Rx info is always very vague.

dustin

lastemp

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

Ask your manager, there should be a excel style list lying around the store somewhere. We have one at our store and I'm sure most stores do.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.