CVS Layoffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projektreverb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently in a leaked email, 5000 jobs are on the chopping block at CVS. Anyone hear of this and who will be affected? Aforementioned email:

IMG_9089.jpeg

IMG_9090.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Meanwhile Karen made over $20mil last year.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder how many techs and cashiers are included. Techs are pretty cheap for what they do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing these are mostly corporate jobs being cut, as it has no mention of pharmacists or pharmacy staff. I believe Walgreens made a similar move

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely feeling the wrath of corporate cut backs…in my nearly 20 years retail, I’ve never witnessed Budget/labor cuts/tech & RPh hour cuts this bad...past month my only techs are tied up at registers/drive through with lines half way through the store as I’m managing 3 queues, consult window, phones (non stop), running around like a dog playing fetch…expedites non stop (Yellow Sea). Early days of Covid lockdown were seriously less stressful

So riddance BS jobs…definitely went out with a blazing FU to real job employees and customers. It’s not what you say; it’s what you actually can do/execute that matters

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users