CVS moving/relocation pay for grad intern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much does CVS typically pay for a cross-country move? The District manager I've been talking with said I would get "relocation pay" but wouldn't give me a number.

I'm hoping it is something substantial. Anyone able to throw out some actual numbers? I need some data points.

Members don't see this ad.

Walmart just paid for my hotel until I found an apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I went to school in the Midwest, got hired by CVS in California, didn't get any relocation pay. Honestly, wasn't even aware that was a thing they did... Then again, my Super did mention that CVS often pays for hotels for floaters who want to take shifts a couple hours out, so maybe...

Members don't see this ad :)
I accepted CVS job as well in California and never heard about any "relocation pay". If this is legit, please pm me and let me know who to contact.

Last edited:
They haven't done that in years.

Ive seen relocation pay as an incentive but only in rural, difficult to staff areas.

I went to school in the Midwest, got hired by CVS in California, didn't get any relocation pay. Honestly, wasn't even aware that was a thing they did... Then again, my Super did mention that CVS often pays for hotels for floaters who want to take shifts a couple hours out, so maybe...

If you don't mind me asking how did they hire you from california when you studied in the midwest? Did you tell them your interest in california or they hired you direct from california? Did the district hire you in the midwest and post you over? sorry am trying to get a job at CVS in a different state but i don't know how that works just yet.

If you don't mind me asking how did they hire you from california when you studied in the midwest? Did you tell them your interest in california or they hired you direct from california? Did the district hire you in the midwest and post you over? sorry am trying to get a job at CVS in a different state but i don't know how that works just yet.

I signed up for a career fair at school, and told all the companies (CVS included) that I'd work anywhere in the Midwest, or Northern Ca. This was in November of P4 year. A few weeks later, I got an offer letter from CVS. The lady who had interviewed me was the supervisor for the area I was going to school in. There was a second gentleman, but I forgot if he was strictly a recruiter, or another district manager. I'm assuming they passed my info to other district managers.