CVS or or Other pharmacy cutback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iwannafarm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if any of you guys out there who work for CVS or any other pharmacies that recently got their hours cut back. I just received my new schedule and I am not even on the schedule at all for Feb. Fyi, I am a good employee but am a student that only works on the weekend. Without any work, I don't know how I am going to pay for stuff🙁.
 
The title of this thread should be, "every job on earth cutback because our country is in what is known as a 'Recession'."
 
Kaiser has massively cut back hours and there's been a hiring freeze for awhile now. 🙁

Just have to grin and bare it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if any of you guys out there who work for CVS or any other pharmacies that recently got their hours cut back. I just received my new schedule and I am not even on the schedule at all for Feb. Fyi, I am a good employee but am a student that only works on the weekend. Without any work, I don't know how I am going to pay for stuff🙁.

Shop around with other stores. If you're a good tech, you'd be surprised who needs the extra hand. Despite cutbacks, I've maintained my hours relatively well by working at 3-4 stores on top of my home store.
 
Shop around with other stores. If you're a good tech, you'd be surprised who needs the extra hand. Despite cutbacks, I've maintained my hours relatively well by working at 3-4 stores on top of my home store.


Good advice 👍. It is really important that you do what they mentioned. You have to work at least 1 day per 30 day period to be in the system. This is important because 1. This ensures you still have a job while at school, 2. Allows you to continue to keep your seniority in the company which will get you a lot of benefits when you graduate (3 weeks paid vacation instead of 2, a guaranteed job maybe, among other things).

Consider working on days other than weekends here and there just to work. Its not worth working 2 years, then being taken out of payroll and losing your 2 years seniority.

BTW, you have to work for CVS for ~5 years before you get 3 weeks of paid vacation instead of 2.
 
Thanks for all the responses. I am currently only a clerk🙁. So I can't do much. If I don't get any acceptance this year, I will get my tech license to have more opportunities. Thanks once again. I currently go to school all five days, so I don't have room, only weekends.
 
Thanks for all the responses. I am currently only a clerk🙁.

O haha. Well that's why. Request that you can come in at least a half shift a month. You shouldn't be gone for a month. Or use vacation...if you have any.