Cvs Or Rite Aid, For Pharmacy Tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STAR3URY

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to know which is better, im going to be working as a tech in Rite Aid starting from tommorow, i am a Freshman at Long Island University.

Members don't see this ad.

depends on what kind of store you get, whether you get a nice boss or mean boss, nice coworkers or mean coworkers, nice customers or mean customers, drive thru or no drive thru. Both are union which sucks because they take away money from you. How much are they paying you?

depends on what kind of store you get, whether you get a nice boss or mean boss, nice coworkers or mean coworkers, nice customers or mean customers, drive thru or no drive thru. Both are union which sucks because they take away money from you. How much are they paying you?

8 bucks i dont got licence.

Members don't see this ad :)
8 bucks i dont got licence.

i'm a clerk and i get paid that much.
Basically they treat you like a slave. Cheap labor. I say keep looking for better paying jobs that's not union, like a walgreens. If you're looking for experience, it's good but don't ride on this job for long if they don't respect you.

i'm a clerk and i get paid that much.
Basically they treat you like a slave. Cheap labor. I say keep looking for better paying jobs that's not union, like a walgreens. If you're looking for experience, it's good but don't ride on this job for long if they don't respect you.

Walgreen's is not union?

remember you're getting paid in experience, not money. I gave up my $20/hr+ job to work as a slave for <$11/hr just for a LOR and the ability to put pharm. experience down. All my other BS/BA friends are making 2-3x what I am making.

I don't think there is any difference in the retail settings. You can have a blast at CVS, you can end up with an dingus boss at Rite-Aid, etc...

Funny I had a patient today ask me point blank "are you going to be a pharm tech the rest of your life?" and luckily I was able to answer with confidence "oh no i've already applied to pharmacy school." Glad it was me who got that and not one of our career-techs.

remember you're getting paid in experience, not money. I gave up my $20/hr+ job to work as a slave for <$11/hr just for a LOR and the ability to put pharm. experience down. All my other BS/BA friends are making 2-3x what I am making.

I don't think there is any difference in the retail settings. You can have a blast at CVS, you can end up with an dingus boss at Rite-Aid, etc...

Funny I had a patient today ask me point blank "are you going to be a pharm tech the rest of your life?" and luckily I was able to answer with confidence "oh no i've already applied to pharmacy school." Glad it was me who got that and not one of our career-techs.

Lmao, nice, good luck. I had lots of trouble today, they were unpacking all the medicine that was delivered and it was supposed to be put out on shelves, and i felt so stupid because i didn't know any medicine, but i hope i will learn..

Lmao, nice, good luck. I had lots of trouble today, they were unpacking all the medicine that was delivered and it was supposed to be put out on shelves, and i felt so stupid because i didn't know any medicine, but i hope i will learn..

don't worry you'll pick that up quick :thumbup:
I have this handy pocket book I keep in my smock that I whip out if I can't remember the name of the brand (since our store is organized by brand with generics next to them, meaning lisinopril and simvastatin aren't in L or S, respectively.

I work at Rite-Aid right now... and I worked at a few locations too.. i like some and don't like some.. it all depends on your work environment. Basically, all chains are run about the same way.. so it just depends on ur work conditions

I have been a tech at CVS for about 4 years I got the job when I was at penn state as a communications major and fell in love with pharmacy since then I have worked in 5 districts and at over 16 stores just filling in where they need someone.
I am now pre-pharm at pitt and I enjoy school but I am not going to lie communications classes were so much easier. But I love what I do and CVS is great to work for, and I have an intership for when I get into pharmacy school and they pay interns great