CVS or Rite Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

colegebound793

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which is the better place to work as a pharm tech in your opinion? In terms of pay, job satisfaction, management etc...

Also, what about Walgreens? And Target?
 
I would say Rite Aid is the best. You won't be overwhelmed by the number of customers since it's a tinier store. I would not recommend working at Walmart--I had a friend who worked there and she said it was a nightmare because there were a lot of unruly customers. No so sure about target though. With respect to management, it just depends on who your boss is. I think pay is more or less the same in all unless you work at a private pharmacy. I heard that some private pharmacies pay more than chain stores.
 
I also forgot to mention that the environment in private pharmacies tends to be more relaxed than chain stores.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Walgreens or cvs. Train in a busy place so you become quick and efficient and grow tough skin


Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Class of 2017! 🙂
 
Walgreens or cvs. Train in a busy place so you become quick and efficient and grow tough skin


Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Class of 2017! 🙂

I agree. Nothing prepares for the real world better than working in a busy pharmacy.