cvs pay check deductions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently noticed that there was one more row for something named "WELLDIFF". Does any one know what is that?? More and more deductions and I am working for free more and more hours ....:dead:

Members don't see this ad.

I recently noticed that there was one more row for something named "WELLDIFF". Does any one know what is that?? More and more deductions and I am working for free more and more hours ....:dead:

LMGTFY

Reactions: 1 user
It's the "Wellness differential." It's that stupid requirement where they make you do that online survey and get blood work done in order to save $600 per person on your health insurance. Either you didn't do it or you didn't get credit for it....and they are deducting it over the course of the next year out of your paycheck.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the "Wellness differential." It's that stupid requirement where they make you do that online survey and get blood work done in order to save $600 per person on your health insurance. Either you didn't do it or you didn't get credit for it....and they are deducting it over the course of the next year out of your paycheck.

What?! No one has told me that .... I already have my primary doctor and did all this ... and I have to do it again?? unbelivable .

Wow I have never seen that deduction in my 15+ years with the company, guess I managed to do the simple health screenings each year...

Yes, it's an essential metric so they can keep tabs on whether you are working hard enough based on long term data showing decline in health. Not drinking the koolaid aid results in a deduction

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, the deduction is when you take the medical insurance but don't do the wellness checks. If you had your PCP do them, see if calling the HR number on the site will help you.

It's part of their whole "We're a health company, so we want you to be healthy" initiative. Like when they did away with smoking on property, but the smokers just step a couple of feet off property instead.

I'm under my husband's insurance, so I don't have to deal with this yet.

What?! No one has told me that .... I already have my primary doctor and did all this ... and I have to do it again?? unbelivable .
Just curious:
Are you under 25?

We had a person in my class who was totally unaware of the various paperwork needed for adult life

You mean if you ignore it, it doesn't go away?

When you logged into myHR to check your paycheck, that was the first thing that popped up for 4 months straight.

Same here. Missed doing the health assessment AFTER the physical evaluation....

The Minute Clinic can do the screenings and I do not recall there being a visit copay for it with employee health insurance. Just sometimes a 1-2 hour wait but they can text you when it is your turn.