CVS Pharm Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lighthouse1920

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any Pharmacy students out there that are working at a cvs. Does it help in pharmacy school? Do they offer any money for school?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if there are any Pharmacy students out there that are working at a cvs. Does it help in pharmacy school? Do they offer any money for school?

i'm applying to wayne state and ferris for fall 2007, i just started working as a pharm tech at a cvs this week, let me check and get back to you.

Hi, i work for cvs and i just got accepted to a pharmacy program. I think it really helps and the experience is worth it if you want to become a pharmacist. You can get a head start by learning about various drugs and their generic names. Also, you get experience on how to deal with patients and physicians. I've been a tech for over four years now and i can't wait to become a pharmacist! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
In my region they do not offer any cash scholarships. If you do work for them as an intern, they will send out job at the end of your p3 year. Previous experience with them may also improve your chances of an increased sign on bonus. For example, there is a p4 who occasionaly works for us and has already signed with CVS.

I worked for CVS while I was doing my pre-reqs and earning my B.S. in Bio. I think the experience is def worth it but be careful with the scholarship money. They’ll give you $5000/yr while in Pharm School (Professional) but you have to work for them after graduation. If you take $20,000 you will owe them 4 yrs of work. In another thread someone mentioned just saving the money and let some interest build on it and if after graduation you don’t want to work for them, give it back and keep whatever interest you’ve earned. I think that’s a good idea, however, if you really need the cash that plan won’t work. The great thing about the money is that you can use it on anything you want, whether it is for school or for a personal use, as far as CVS is concerned. I got accepted this yr into Pharmacy School but I have no plan of taking CVS up on the offer, mostly b/c I don’t want to work while in school but I’ve also heard that taking the money now could play a role in your signing bonus later on…could be just a rumor, not really sure. Also, I’m not sure I want to be locked down to CVS. Either way, make sure you know the specifics because once you sign they own you. Good luck w/everything.

i'm applying to wayne state and ferris for fall 2007, i just started working as a pharm tech at a cvs this week, let me check and get back to you.

What you need to do is ask about is the "Education Assistance Program"