Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

CVS Pharmacy Technician Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by WickedGoogly, Apr 4, 2017.

1. WickedGoogly

Pharmacy Student
    I'm a new hire at CVS and today(Tuesday) I just finished my OJT for pick up and production. This the first time I got hands on experience with the rxconnect and tbh it's easy if no problems arise. There were times when I had no idea what some of the abbreviations on the computer meant. I remember seeing them when I was doing the modules but can't remember what they meant exactly. Is there anyway I can review the modules? I finished orientation last Wednesday. Started modules Thursday and finished Monday. I also had a pick up and prod class Sunday. I start actual work Wednesday ( tomorrow) which is 1 week after orientation.. I legit finished 34 modules in 20 hours and I don't feel like I retained all of it. I'm hoping this is normal for new hires? I'm honestly just trying to earn cash and some exp before I go to pharm school in June. Too much stress before the start of pharm school?
    And my district manager wants to interview me for an intern position on Thursday. ****s going way to fast.

I think the hardest part of OTJ is finding the meds tbh

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/url

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hohohee1

2+ Year Member

Yeah it's normal, wtf do you know personally know the district manager ?!

4. WickedGoogly

Pharmacy Student
    Yup :) Got job security lol

5. PharmDazed

Pre-Pharmacy
    Lord do I hate working at CVS. That being said, it is really good experience, especially if your store is not extremely busy and you have some time to learn. If I can give you some advice, when you first start you may not be accustomed to the constant complaints lodged by the customers, and you might feel a little helpless at times. Just stick it out for a bit and I guarantee you'll have a much higher tolerance for it with more experience. And you do learn a lot that can help with Pharm school like drug names, certain laws, etc.. Good luck!

6. Buk Lau

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    The best way to learn is experience and by asking questions. There's no way you're gonna retain all the OJT and module information and I know I didn't pay that much attention to them because I was learning so much at my store already. Always ask questions and push yourself to be more diligent. You're working for CVS so speed will come naturally over time lol

7. JavariPharmD23

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys I’m a fairly new technician (about 8 months) and I’ve never worked in a pharmacy before this so it’s all new to me. Does anyone know how to do an e tar when a medication needs a prior authorization and the patient has Medicaid?