CVS PIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardinalGirl210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much training did you get to be a PIC at CVS? A friend of mine promoted and told me that the DM said their was no payroll available for overlap training and gave him the emerging district leaders phone number and advised to call that person with any questions. Is this common? I myself got 2 weeks of training when I became PIC at a competitor. There can't possibly be no payroll available for training a new PIC?!

Members don't see this ad.

How much training did you get to be a PIC at CVS? A friend of mine promoted and told me that the DM said their was no payroll available for overlap training and gave him the emerging district leaders phone number and advised to call that person with any questions. Is this common? I myself got 2 weeks of training when I became PIC at a competitor. There can't possibly be no payroll available for training a new PIC?!
From a staff employee? None.

You'd probably get and as a new hire, but no more than any other pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come in on your day off to train for free

Oh, you don't get trained until aaafter the Rx Sup writes you up for not meeting a metric. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
"emerging district leader's" phone number, is this really someone's title? lol

I recently became PIC with CVS. I had never worked for CVS and had a little over a year of experience as a pharmacist (none as PIC). I got 1 week of training.

The PIC I know who was promoted from staff got no training and walked into her first day to a store with ~20 pages in QT. It was her reward for being a strong staff pharmacist at another busy store. The only benefit is that the DM pretty much didn't say anything about the metrics for the first 6 months or so while she tried to rebuild the store and get situated and did come in to personally help fill a few times. In fact I' pretty sure the RM was in there running register at one point lmao.

Zero.

However if you are smart it is not that hard to figure it out. I would say 95% I learned on my own. Go on RxNet, read.

It is definitely the case that workhorse pharmacists tend to be put in the "challenging" stores and weak pharmacists enjoy their sinecure at slower, easier stores. AFAIK my old store still does not have a PIC that lasted more than I did (9 months) since 2013.

Reactions: 1 user