CVS PSA training wait time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RockHardIce

Returned to Stock
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any pre-pharm have waited months just to start training as PSA at CVS ?

I am starting to belief that they are fooling around with me...
 
I guess it really depends on the state. I live in CA and I didn't receive any formal training or any formal interview for all that matters. I started working the first day they interviewed me. My job description was PSA but they had me working as a cashier in the front store for a week just for me to collect some experience and catch the flow.
 
CVS has recently rolled out a new training program for all new hires. You should have received at least some initial training through your district's pharmacy trainer before you began working in the pharmacy. Most of the PSA training is very basic and you can schedule technician training classes with your trainer through LearnNet.

Your PIC and Lead Technician are responsible for making sure all new hires are scheduled for training. Since its part of the pharmacy execution score, the store will get penalized in execution if you are not certified within a certain timeframe.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started working at CVS 2 years ago now. I got hired, trained with the register out front for an hour the nest day, started working as a PSA the day after that.