CVS scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the details of the CVS scholarship? Is it for P3s and P4s, or just P4s? What is the amount? Etc.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

for rising P3 & P4s

$5,000/year

Members don't see this ad :)
depends on how you interpret P3 & P4

P3 in my school means "Professional 3rd Year" or class of 2010
P4 mean "Professional 4th Year" or class of 2009

regardless, the scholarship was always meant for last 2 years of pharmacy school only.

You have to give them a year of service for each $5,000.00 scholarship. If you decide not to sign on with CVS, you have to pay it back. Either it's a $5000.00 scholarship or an interest free loan.

It is in a certain location. They will send you to the Bronx of some ghetto part if you aren't careful.

It is in a certain location. They will send you to the Bronx of some ghetto part if you aren't careful.
What's wrong with that? ;)

"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot
No matter where I go, I know where I came from (from the Bronx!)"

:p

I was going to post a youtube video, but... I thought it was a little too risqu
é.

That is absoluteness false. They have the same leverage over a scholarship recipient as they do over a non scholarship recipient. You can walk any time. You will have to pay them back, but so what. You'll be making over 100,000.00 per year. You will pay them back the first month.

If you like CVS and you think you want to work for them after you graduate, take it. If it doesn't work out, you can pay them back. There are over 6000 locations in the USA. I'm sure there is one that will make you happy....

I emailed the pharmacy supervisor where I go to school, and she said that the scholarship isn't being offered for "next year" (although I think she meant "this year").

Does anyone know if these scholarships are region-based (i.e., could I contact a CVS in the region where I would like to work after I graduate and apply for the scholarship? I'm going to ask her.

That is absoluteness false. They have the same leverage over a scholarship recipient as they do over a non scholarship recipient. You can walk any time. You will have to pay them back, but so what. You'll be making over 100,000.00 per year. You will pay them back the first month.

If you like CVS and you think you want to work for them after you graduate, take it. If it doesn't work out, you can pay them back. There are over 6000 locations in the USA. I'm sure there is one that will make you happy....

Unless the program has changed since last year, you had to agree to to one of about a dozen "underserved" markets upon graduation, which is the big reason why I did not pursue this money further. Also, those of you who have only been with CVS a short time should probably know that this program has really eroded from what it was previously. When I first started with CVS (2000) it was available with no geographic strings attached, and it was available for all 4 professional years - simply a year for a year commitment.

I spoke with the regional pharmacy supervisor, and she said that the company that provides the scholarships went bankrupt, therefore the scholarship is not being offered this year. :(