CVS tech training course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rice cake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hired as a pharmacy technician at CVS last week and just started the training yesterday. I don't have a license so I was excited to be paid while getting train to take the test. The problem is that I didn't tell them I will be going to pharmacy school this fall. I got accepted to an out of state school and an in state school but both are at least 2 hours away. I also had a 3 weeks Europe trip planned in July. I'm afraid to tell them because I don't want to be fire plus I need the money. I know that this is completely unfair to the company but I was desperate for a job. My questions are:

Should I let them know now that I will be leaving for my trip in two months and pharmacy school in august?

Would CVS allow me to work one or twice a month? I can drive back home from school in the weekend to work...

Would this be a red flag to CVS not to hire me in the future? If I do get hire at a CVS store somewhere else, would I have to start my training again if I don't finish my training by July?

Members don't see this ad.

It is not the least bit unfair to the company. Let them know about your trip soon so they can plan for it.

You can work once or twice a month. You might try to transfer to a store closer to you for convenience although there is not guarantee they will let you.