Jun 4, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys!

For Rxnet, I recently encountered a reject from a claim for a product not being covered by Medicare part D. I was wondering if a prior authorization will allow the product to be covered? I called HealthNet and they said the product would not be covered.

Thank you!

Old Timer

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
When you call the plan, ask for an alternative. Call the doctor and let him know and call the patient to keep them up to date on the situation.

Reactions: 1 user

BidingMyTime

Lost Shaker Of Salt
10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Hey guys!

For Rxnet, I recently encountered a reject from a claim for a product not being covered by Medicare part D. I was wondering if a prior authorization will allow the product to be covered? I called HealthNet and they said the product would not be covered.

Thank you!

There are classes of drugs which are excluded by law for Medicare part D coverage (benzos, vitamins, OTC's, etc.) There is nothing a doctor can do to get these drugs covered, because the law forbids it. The patient will have to pay cash, or do without (they can probably find a discount card on-line to get the drug cheaper, but most of the drugs in the non-covered classes don't cost that much anyway.)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads