CVS & Walgreen Pharm Tech Dilemma..?

Started by 88888888
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

88888888

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

So the past month I've been dropping off my resumes at both CVS and Walgreens. I got interviewed at CVS a little over 2 weeks ago and they said they would let me know in about 10 days from my interview date, it's 10 days after and still no offer.

This past Monday 9/10 I was offered an interview for Walgreens for today (which I completed earlier).

The next day, Tuesday (9/11) I was offered a part time position at CVS, with training starting this Monday

So after today's interview at Walgreens, I felt like it went well. They said they would let me know by next monday or tuesday. (By then, I would have completed 2 CVS Training days).


So I was planning to go to the 2 CVS trainings this Saturday and Monday. Then wait for offer on Monday/Tuesday and see what happens..

CVS is offering me part time maybe 30ish hrs.

Walgreens said they might be able to do full time for me.

So basically I was wondering if
Is it unethical to go back on CVS's offer even after I accepted it?
 
Why not just ask CVS if you can have some time to think about it (then decline if Walgreens gives you a better offer)? It is not bad to change jobs if you get a better offer but it is pretty crappy to leave a job after two training days when that is your plan from the beginning.