You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CVS, Walmart to Cut Pharmacy Hours as Staffing Squeeze Continues
Started by GrandTheftAutumn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Jesus Christ…anyone else feel like this has been one of the worst (tech) hour cuts of your career? Remember, the claim was a “pharmacist shortage”…🤪
Multiple stores in my district are perpetually snow balling into 100 page queues now due to dip**** regional management not allowing for common sense. Tons of FT techs pissed going from 40 to 30 hours with no forewarning
But you know, fat cats got to upgrade to baluga (sp? Because you know I’m an unsophisticated pion worker bee) caviar.
I don’t know how these fat ****s can sleep at night
Multiple stores in my district are perpetually snow balling into 100 page queues now due to dip**** regional management not allowing for common sense. Tons of FT techs pissed going from 40 to 30 hours with no forewarning
But you know, fat cats got to upgrade to baluga (sp? Because you know I’m an unsophisticated pion worker bee) caviar.
I don’t know how these fat ****s can sleep at night
lol- yeah I think that's "beluga". But yeah, cut tech hours. All the good techs quit, leaving you with crap.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else considering joining/starting a union? Tech hour cuts in my area are that bad that I’ve had several RPh bring up possibilities of quitting, striking, unionizing, etc. because of nothing being done by corporate for months on end. Completely unsustainable and zero additional hour allotments being allowed (dictatorship)
What can corporate do to employees joining a union? Close stores because there is no one else to work…can’t even fulfill vacation requests from existing employees due to lack of labor
What can corporate do to employees joining a union? Close stores because there is no one else to work…can’t even fulfill vacation requests from existing employees due to lack of labor
All retail or which chains in particular are you referring to?Anyone else considering joining/starting a union? Tech hour cuts in my area are that bad that I’ve had several RPh bring up possibilities of quitting, striking, unionizing, etc. because of nothing being done by corporate for months on end. Completely unsustainable and zero additional hour allotments being allowed (dictatorship)
What can corporate do to employees joining a union? Close stores because there is no one else to work…can’t even fulfill vacation requests from existing employees due to lack of labor
Good luck. I tried consistently my last ~6 months before I quit my last job. Couldn't even get a response from anyone.Anyone else considering joining/starting a union?
We did eventually get a few union reps going around talking to techs but it never really went anywhere.
Yeah that’s kind of the conclusion/result I was expecting after reading into things more. It’s a nice idea but disjointed relations/disorganization/different long term perspectives, expectations between techs and pharmacists are too different. I mean techs who stick with it >5 years are pretty rare…it’s just universally not an appealing long term career option and the pool of workers are often too diverse (college students, people in between careers, part time parents/caregivers, etc.)Good luck. I tried consistently my last ~6 months before I quit my last job. Couldn't even get a response from anyone.
We did eventually get a few union reps going around talking to techs but it never really went anywhere.
And we all know like a solid 80% or so of RPh are spineless, obedient cowards
God damn, I wish we were more like nurses when it comes to self interest in working conditions and not putting up with BS business/accounting
What is WM, grocers paying in your area? Maybe WG is doing 75k still in your area? WM in the last 18 months has bumped rates in rural areas.Yeah that’s kind of the conclusion/result I was expecting after reading into things more. It’s a nice idea but disjointed relations/disorganization/different long term perspectives, expectations between techs and pharmacists are too different. I mean techs who stick with it >5 years are pretty rare…it’s just universally not an appealing long term career option and the pool of workers are often too diverse (college students, people in between careers, part time parents/caregivers, etc.)
And we all know like a solid 80% or so of RPh are spineless, obedient cowards
God damn, I wish we were more like nurses when it comes to self interest in working conditions and not putting up with BS business/accounting
In today's job market, whats the punishment for just allowing techs to stay later if they can? (i remind my DM all the time WG will give out 75K lump up front)... in my district it is common practice to go over hours (rph and tech) then brag about metrics on conference calls. Ive been at WM too long.
I think things are a mess mainly because our DL is a N00B and needs some time to learn how things run realistically as opposed to dealing in absolutes. Yeah, I’ve already leveraged my pay up about 7$/hour in only 1 year taking advantage of competitors (interviewed a few positions, made subtle hints about), other RPh quitting, and the lack of RPh labor…still doesn’t make up for zero pay increases during the height of Covid (power of time, investing, etc.)What is WM, grocers paying in your area? Maybe WG is doing 75k still in your area? WM in the last 18 months has bumped rates in rural areas.
In today's job market, whats the punishment for just allowing techs to stay later if they can? (i remind my DM all the time WG will give out 75K lump up front)... in my district it is common practice to go over hours (rph and tech) then brag about metrics on conference calls. Ive been at WM too long.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
