cvs workers comp waiting bin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmadiazepine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to get workers compensation if i am doing waiting bin at a cvs store and get a bad back because of doing it every month?

one of the fs employees i talked to said to call risk management even if my back starts hurting me even a little, because it is valid. i never have any problems until the night i have to do waiting bin, then i get a very sharp, unique pain in my lower right back.

any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i have to stand for 14 hrs....hurts my heels as well even with the fancy shoes/heel pads

Ha, I did that today for my store. Its not that bad if you spend a little time organizing the waiting bins before hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible to get workers compensation if i am doing waiting bin at a cvs store and get a bad back because of doing it every month?

one of the fs employees i talked to said to call risk management even if my back starts hurting me even a little, because it is valid. i never have any problems until the night i have to do waiting bin, then i get a very sharp, unique pain in my lower right back.

any thoughts?
I hope you are kidding?

no, i'm really not kidding. i work in a store that does about ~5000/week. now you imagine doing waiting bin in that store. all other stores are a piece of cake. so yea, i'm not kidding.

no, i'm really not kidding. i work in a store that does about ~5000/week. now you imagine doing waiting bin in that store. all other stores are a piece of cake. so yea, i'm not kidding.

If you are a pharmacist (which I think you said you were) why are you doing waiting bin, especially if you work in a store that does 5000/wk?

I hated that ****. I used to work Saturdays and that was usually waiting bin days. Some times I'd request a day off so the unsuspecting tech/intern who took me shift gets to do waiting bin instead of me. Back would start hurting after a while.

It's where the prescriptios sit before the patient picks them up. It has to be inventoried monthly at CVS.

Seems like a lot of extra work. What's the advantage of that ready fill thing if you're spending time filling and then putting stuff back? Doesn't make sense.

Seems like a lot of extra work. What's the advantage of that ready fill thing if you're spending time filling and then putting stuff back? Doesn't make sense.

Well...I do like 60 or so a night and of those, I'll return maybe 7 or 8 to stock, if that. So it actually does work pretty well, I must admit.

Waiting bin inventories existed long before readyfill. Waiting Bin Inventory is not RTS, which is done daily. Inventory is matching what you physically have in the bins to what the computer thinks is there. Sometimes scripts don't get scanned, or get RTSed in the computer but not physically retreived from the bins. All sorts of things happen. It's a completely unrelated activity.

Readyfill is good if you do it right. Otherwise it is a nightmare. The quotas suck.